They call this a peasant's dish, but my family loves it!
Make and share this Polish Pasta and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the cabbage and saute for 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Stir in the caraway seeds (optional), salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on package.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the onion/cabbage and add the sour cream.
- Cook five minutes longer (until heated through), stirring frequently.
Great stuff! Easy and inexpensive, but still wonderful. I made this with rotini instead of the farfalle and I added garlic, but that's all I did differently. The men in my house enjoyed this with smoked sausage, but I thought it was great just by itself. Thanx!
I was eating alone, and this scales down nicely to serve one. It also comes together really fast. I made mine with whole wheat egg noodles.
This was so yummy and easy to make. Great side dish or serve with some chips.