Recipe by rileyk2
They call this a peasant's dish, but my family loves it!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great stuff! Easy and inexpensive, but still wonderful. I made this with rotini instead of the farfalle and I added garlic, but that's all I did differently. The men in my house enjoyed this with smoked sausage, but I thought it was great just by itself. Thanx!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, peeled chopped or thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the cabbage and saute for 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Stir in the caraway seeds (optional), salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on package.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the onion/cabbage and add the sour cream.
- Cook five minutes longer (until heated through), stirring frequently.