Recipe by dicentra
The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1990 ”Kluski z Kupusta po Polski”
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and sauté until transparent.
- Add the cabbage and sauté 5 minutes or until tender, but still crisp.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on the package. Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the cabbage and add the sour cream. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.