Recipe by Sassy in da South
I came across this recipe online & even though it's made with chicken (not lobster), it's very good. Serve with clarified butter for dipping. Preparation/Cooking time does not include marinating time, so please allow 2-3 hours for this. NOTE: This recipe was not intended to taste like lobster. However, it was the name of the recipe when I tried it and I left it as is. My apologies to anyone who felt the name is deceiving.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic salt, pepper, brown sugar, mustard powder, ginger and pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil for about 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, place the chicken into a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.
- Press out as much air as you can, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat a grill for medium-low heat.
- When hot, lightly oil the grate. (I use Cooking Spray made for Grills.).
- Place the chicken on the grill and discard the marinade.
- Cook until chicken juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn as needed to keep the chicken from burning.