Recipe by Chef Gonzalez
Easy and simple with wonderful flavor. Real comfort food at our house!
Top Review by RayMakMama
This had a good flavor and was easy to put together, but for me it was just missing something. The second time I made it I changed it up a bit, so it may be a totally different recipe now. I used Turkey kielbasa, added 1 small white onion, half a red bell pepper and a clove of garlic. Seasoned everything with a little grill seasoning then added rice and liquid. I didn't have any broth so I just used water and it turned out great. I have made this several more times and the family loves it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish kielbasa
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- slice the kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces.
- fry in a pan over medium heat until brown on both sides.
- add rice and olive oil and stir for 1 minute.
- add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to simmer.
- cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes (NO PEEKING FOR PERFECT RICE!).