Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
Easy and simple with wonderful flavor. Real comfort food at our house!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish kielbasa
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- slice the kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces.
- fry in a pan over medium heat until brown on both sides.
- add rice and olive oil and stir for 1 minute.
- add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to simmer.
- cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes (NO PEEKING FOR PERFECT RICE!).
This had a good flavor and was easy to put together, but for me it was just missing something. The second time I made it I changed it up a bit, so it may be a totally different recipe now. I used Turkey kielbasa, added 1 small white onion, half a red bell pepper and a clove of garlic. Seasoned everything with a little grill seasoning then added rice and liquid. I didn't have any broth so I just used water and it turned out great. I have made this several more times and the family loves it.
made this pretty much to the letter. everyone loved it. perhaps the best my rice has ever turned out.i used jasmine rice and fresh homemade chicken stock so it wasn't too salty ...will make again.