Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Enjoy a traditional Polish meal in no time. Johnsonville’s Polish Kielbasa is the perfect companion to your favorite potato pierogies. The sausage and pierogies are cooked in a delicious medley of butter and onions. This recipe is so quick and tasty that is always hits the spot when you’re craving a great Polish meal.
- 1 (14 ounce) package Johnsonville Polish Kielbasa
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen potato pierogies
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- On a cutting board, cut sausage links into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage, continue to cook and stir until sausage is heated through and brown.
- Stir in prepared pierogies.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.