Recipe by TheDancingCook
Warms you from head to toe. Great for those who don't care for beans; if you do, add them!
Top Review by Gingerroot
This soup looks so comforting, especially on a chilly night after a long day at work. I just love my soup, and I enjoy all your soup recipes. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and Smiles, Ginger-root
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup small shell pasta, uncooked (ditalini, small shells, etc)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- If using kielbasa, slice into 1/4 inch rounds; if using sausage, remove casings.
- In a large dutch oven, cook and stir sausages over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until done.
- Meanwhile, boil water for pasta; cook pasta and drain.
- Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in pot.
- Cook celery, onion and garlic in the same pot for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain off excess fat from pan.
- Add chicken broth, herbs and red pepper to pot; bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes and sausage; heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls, add pasta to bowl of soup.