Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
While on vacation this summer, we stopped at our favorite Polish bakery in Pulaski,WI. Besides their wonderful breads & pasteries, they carry a nice variety of Polish delicacies in the freezer section. Some from various places in Chicago, but mostly made right there at the bakery. This BEE-GOASH caught my eye, so I bought a one pound container...I wish I had bought more. We live on the west side of WI, so it's hard for me to just go & buy more. I looked at the ingredients on the label & decided to try my hand at making it. I think I came pretty close. Hope you enjoy it!!! NOTE: Amounts are approximate, so adjust as needed.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled & thick sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) bag sauerkraut, drained & rinsed well
- 4 -5 smoked Polish sausage, sliced & & cut into halves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt, pepper & caraway seed, to taste
- Mix everything in a large bowl, except for the chicken stock & butter.
- Place in a crock-pot.
- Pour chicken stock over & top with butter.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.