Recipe by littleturtle
Vodka flavored with honey and spices. A relaxing drink meant to be sipped slowly. Great for warming up and unwinding after winter sports. Excellent serve hot right away, but improves with aging. The better the vodka and honey you use, the better this will turn out.
Top Review by NenaBelle
My friend and I enjoyed this a lot. I used lemon zest, high quality russian vodka and my grandpa's own honey from Russia. It's strong but really enjoyable on a cold evening. I recommond closing all windows and doors, as I had many bees trying to get their honey back after it had been boiling for a few minutes. lol
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon orange zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except for vodka and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vodka, and when heated through, sreve immediately in Irish coffee cups serve chilled later in juice glasses (can also be reheated for serving later).