Recipe by Evie in L.A.
I had this in an upscale Polish restaurant in Santa Monica. This is my version of what was served. I have served this to various parties, even people who claims not to like figs loved it.
Top Review by sarahwed
I was given this at a dinner party last night and thought it was sensational! I couldn't understand how the figs were so soft-It didn't occur to me I needed to soak them until I read your instructions. Thanks for the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- soak figs in hot water for 15 minutes, or until hydrated and soft.
- Trim fat from bacon, so only 1/3 or less of the bacon is fat.
- Bake or fry bacon until half done,edges curl but still soft.
- Drain bacon on paper towel.
- Wrap each fig with bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Broil assembled appetizers in oven, until bacon is crispy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Watch it, so bacon does not burn.
- Serve as an appetizer with red wine.
- The coombination of sweet jammy center with crispy salty bacon is a crowd pleaser.