Recipe by Nana Lee
This ia listed as Polish appetizer on a site I found listing Old World Polish recipes. Certainly is easy to make, low carb, not too fattening, and quite tasty sounding.
- 4 tomatoes, cut in half cross-wise
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut cross-wise
- 4 -6 slices of polish ham, thin slices from Deli
- lettuce, to line platter
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut small firm tomatoes (with a slightly larger circumference than peeled hard-boiled eggs) in half.
- Cut 4 peeled hard-boiled eggs in half widthwise.
- From each tomato half, scoop out just enough pulp to make room for the egg half.
- Insert egg halves into tomatoes yolk side up.
- Place thinly sliced boiled ham on top of each other.
- Roll up starting at one of the narrow ends jelly-roll fashion, then slice into thin strips as you would egg noodles.
- Heap the ham strips on the egg-filled tomatoes.
- Place on lettuce-lined platter and top with dressing.
- OR: serve dressing in cup on platter as a choice.
- Fork-blend mayonnaise, prepared brown mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Garnish generously with chopped chives.