1/2 Photos of Polish Easter Bread - Bobka
We attended a Russian Orthodox Church while living in Boston and I collected many great recipes over these years. My friend Athanasia gave me this recipe which was her mother's in Poland. This was always a favorite with my children! I wish I had some great pictures to post of some of these special, beautiful Easter dishes. Watch for more...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure 2 cups flour onto piece of waxed paper.
- 2Combine other 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and cinnamon in mixing bowl and mix well.
- 3Melt butter and add lukewarm milk.
- 4Gradually add dry ingredients and beat at low speed, scraping sides of bowl, 2 minutes.
- 5Add 4 egg yolks and 1 more cup of flour.
- 6Beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until think and elastic.
- 7Gradually stir in last cup of flour with wooden spoon, making a soft dough.
- 8Cover and let rise until double.
- 9Stir in raisins and lemon rind.
- 10Put in a well greased 3 quart fluted tube pan or heavy Bundt pan.
- 11Beat 5th egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water and brush top of dough with this mix.
- 12Sprinkle almonds over the top and let rise for one hour uncovered.
- 13Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Easter Bread - Bobka
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 289.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind