Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Poland is called Babka Wielkanocna. This recipe is from recipegoldmine.com and is posted for ZWT4
Top Review by Chabear01
I made this as a preview for Easter. I did not have golden raisins so used regular, and used an organic yeast. I had a problem getting this to rise due to the organic yeast so will be using good ol fashioned yeast next time. Everyone who has had a piece of this lovely bread loved it, and when I toasted it for breakfast this morning I received raves. Thank You Lyn for a fantastic bread which I will be making for Easter Morning breakfast. Made for Bargain Basement Event.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour or 4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Beat in egg yolks until well blended.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir yeast mixture, orange peel, lemon peel, cinnamon and salt into butter mixture.
- Stir in flour alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition, until soft dough forms.
- Stir in raisins.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir down dough; spoon into greased and floured10 x 4-inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Cover; let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degreesF
- Bake until bread is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.