3 hrs 15 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Poland is called Babka Wielkanocna. This recipe is from recipegoldmine.com and is posted for ZWT4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour or 4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- 2Beat in egg yolks until well blended.
- 3Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 4Stir yeast mixture, orange peel, lemon peel, cinnamon and salt into butter mixture.
- 5Stir in flour alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition, until soft dough forms.
- 6Stir in raisins.
- 7Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Stir down dough; spoon into greased and floured10 x 4-inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- 9Cover; let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- 10Heat oven to 350 degreesF
- 11Bake until bread is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 12Cool 5 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan; cool completely.
- 14Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Easter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g