Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
My Dad used to make "fried dough" or "Polish Doughnuts" (we are part Polish) for us on occasion, using Pizza dough. I recently started experimenting with my son and I think I have PERFECTED the "art". Thanks Dad!
- vegetable oil (for Frying)
- 1 biscuit dough (any variety, the "Pillsbury Flake rolls" tasted the best!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Heat oil to 450.
- Cut individual Biscuits into quarters.
- Place in oil for 2 minutes.
- Turn dough over using a fork.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Drain and place on a paper towel for a moment.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bag.
- While still hot, place doughnuts in cinnamon sugar and shake.
- Best served HOT.
These were great. Thanks for posting! Hubby and kids devoured them.
It is delicious. I made for the kids quite often,when they first started packaging biscuit dough. Lazy Doughnuts. Quick easy and good! I am glad your Dad shared with you.