Polish peasants lived off the land and were very inventive in using whatever was available. If my grandmother made this she would have used heavy cream instead of the milk and flour. This recipe is posted by request from "The Art of Polish Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat broth in a large pot.
- 2Combine flour and milk, add to broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 3Combine egg yolk and butter and stir into broth.
- 4Add pickles, pickle liquid and potatoes.
- 5Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling.
- 6Garnish with dill, if desired.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Dill Pickle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 1067.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: