Recipe by Mary & Sandy
I LOVE this recipe because it is a family gem, and my grandfather and I make this as frequently as we can. NEVER USE CANNED POTATOES. If you do it won't taste right.
Top Review by Luv Halloween!
I have made this soup 3 times already, & it is FABULOUS!!! I have passed out the recipe to friends & family & my husband came home today and needs to take one to work~ Thank you for a great recipe!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes (small)
- 5 grated dill pickles
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stalk celery
Directions See How It's Made
- combine broth, carrots, potatoes, and celery in soup pot.
- cook, covered over low heat until potatoes are tender.
- add pickles and cook 15 min,.
- mix milk and flour until smooth, and add to soup mixing well.
- bring to boil, stirring untill slightly thickened.
- remove from heat. beat egg with sour cream until smooth.
- keep soup warm but not boiling.
- add some of warm soup to sour cream then gradually add back to pot. keep warm but not boil or sour cream will curdle.