1/7 Photos of Polish Dill Pickle Soup
Memories! An other dish my Momma made! Yes jar pickles are used! Very Inexpensive for when times are hard! Instant flour http://www.ochef.com/21.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups beef stock
- 4 large dill pickles, shredded
- 1/2 cup pickle juice, from the pickle jar
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons instant flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1In a large saucepan or soup pot with cover, combine stock, pickles, pickle liquid & potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered, over low heat until potatoes start to get soft (about 10 minutes).
- 2Combine flour and milk, add to broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 3Combine egg and butter and stir into broth.
- 4Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream and or dill.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Dill Pickle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 514.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: