2 hrs 30 mins
We went over for dinner at a Polish friend's house and they served these for dinner. They are fluffy, lightly sweetened buns of steamed dough filled with blueberries. When I investigated the recipe, all I could find was a Czech version. I tweaked it to be just like my Polish friend's recipe. I hope you like it! You need a steamer for this. This recipe looks wildy complicated, but it really isn't...just try it once- I could eat 10 of these things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together all dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer.
- 2Mix together milk, egg, and oil in 2 cup measure, add to flour mixture.
- 3Knead using dough hook until a very sticky dough forms.
- 4Scrape sown the sides of the bowl several times during kneading.
- 5Scrape down the bowl to 'neaten up' the dough ball and let rest/rise in a VERY LOW oven, the lowest possible setting-- for 1 hour-- or until double in bulk.
- 6Pinch off golf ball sized lumps of dough with floured hands and flatten into a disc, wrap about 6-8 blueberries in the dough, pinching it together, forming a neat ball. Place in steamer (I placed mine on squares of wax paper- don't know if this is absolutely necessary).
- 7Let rise again in low oven for about 20-30 minute.
- 8Steam over boiling water for 8 minutes.
- 9Spoon over some melted butter and cinnamon sugar-- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish/Czech Blueberry Buns
Serving Size: 1 (789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g