Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great side dish for chicken and pork.
- 6 potatoes, boiled and sliced
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Mix all ingredients together except 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Place in 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 325° oven for 40 minutes.
These taste like the inside of perogies which is not a bad thing at all Actually we enjoyed it a lot. I think I would prefer the potatoes to be mashed but my husband said he thought they were great this way. Next time I would reduce the sour cream a bit as they were a bit liquidy (although they do set up as they cool). They also need some fresh black pepper. Some green onions scattered on top when they come out of the oven would also be good. There will be a next time for sure. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
These were so good! I made them exactly as posted and we all loved them!!! Thanks ElaineAnn!!!
DH and I loved these potatoes! I served them with steak and asparagus and they were just the right accompaniment to this meal. I did make 1/2 of the recipe, otherwise I prepared as directed. I used red skinned potatoes and did not peel them. The cottage cheese, sour cream and onion, along with the cheddar cheese mixed with the potatoes were delicious! I may throw in some garlic next time. Thanks for a great recipe ElaineAnn!