Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy, elegant dessert. For Vanilla Cream (Kisiel Smietankowy) just leave out the chocolate from the ingredient list and steps 1 & 3 in the directions.
- 2 cups heavy sweet cream
- 1 vanilla beans (3-inch piece) or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon potato flour (heaping teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (cold)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Melt chocolate over very low heat.
- Combine cream, vanilla, and sugar and slowly bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Combine melted chocolate with cream mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Dissolve potato flour in milk, then add milk to cream mixture.
- Stir for 2 minutes (be careful not to scorch the cream).
- Discard vanilla bean, if you used one.
- Wet mold or bowl with water (or you can use individual cups, ramikins or dessert glasses), then sprinkle with sugar, and pour cream mixture inches.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve topped with heavy sweet cream (plain or whipped and/or fruit syrup, if desired.
Haven't tried it, but sounds good, however... It's budyÅ„, not kisiel. Kisiel is made of friut/juice and water with potato flour!