Recipe by MackinacBride
My kind of comfort food!!! Very tasty and easy! This recipe originally came from www.3fatchicks.com but I believe I tweaked it enough to call it my own!! The original recipe cut out the spices, milk and butter and used low-fat soup; if you are watching your weight-go for it! You do not neccessarily have to cook the chicken in the crock pot, you could just cook it in a skillet. The crock pot was just another 'tweak' so that the chicken would be ready for me to shred when I got home from work.
Top Review by June H.
I've made this 2 times now & it is sooo easy & so good. I could only find mashed potatoe & cheddar cheese perogies but it was still very good....like having a complete meal in one dish, what could be better than that!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 12 frozen pierogi, potato and cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts in crock pot with the can of chicken broth on low for 4 hours.
- Drain chicken, shred, put back into crockpot with cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, pepper and garlic salt.
- Heat on low while you do the next step.
- Thaw pierogies in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place a couple pats of butter on top of pierogies.
- Dump chicken mixture on top of pierogies.
- Place a couple pats of butter on top of chicken mixture.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes.