4 hrs 5 mins
My kind of comfort food!!! Very tasty and easy! This recipe originally came from www.3fatchicks.com but I believe I tweaked it enough to call it my own!! The original recipe cut out the spices, milk and butter and used low-fat soup; if you are watching your weight-go for it! You do not neccessarily have to cook the chicken in the crock pot, you could just cook it in a skillet. The crock pot was just another 'tweak' so that the chicken would be ready for me to shred when I got home from work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chicken breasts in crock pot with the can of chicken broth on low for 4 hours.
- 2Drain chicken, shred, put back into crockpot with cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, pepper and garlic salt.
- 3Heat on low while you do the next step.
- 4Thaw pierogies in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5Place a couple pats of butter on top of pierogies.
- 6Dump chicken mixture on top of pierogies.
- 7Place a couple pats of butter on top of chicken mixture.
- 8Pour milk over the top.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (1130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1286.9
- Calories from Fat 849
- Total Fat 94.3 g
- Saturated Fat 44.1 g
- Cholesterol 341.7 mg
- Sodium 3557.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 80.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: