Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe)
- 4 cups dry curd cottage cheese, 2 lbs
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, Granulated
- 4 large eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cottage cheese in a sieve and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese with the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Add the dry mixture and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and set the cake aside.
- Prepare the topping by sifting the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Add the brown sugar and blend well.
- Pour the melted butter over the topping mix and immediately stir with a fork to form small crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping mix over the surface of the cake and bake the cake for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill.
Love the "cheesecake" part of this recipe but the topping is way too dry even though I baked the cake for about 70 minutes. Also there was way too much topping!! I put a copious amount on the cheesecake and still had enough for another! I will make the cake again but need to get another topping recipe.
We loved this. I used the shortbread crust from recipe#188571, minus the macadamia nuts. I pressed it into a springform pan and baked it for 25 minutes. I smoothed the cottage cheese mixture with my immersion blender. I had to bake it an extra 15 minutes until it wasn't too liquidy. It was hard to remove from the springform pan but still turned out firm but soft and very sweet. It would have filled 2 regular pie shells. Very good served with fruit. Thanks for the recipe!
Fabulous! Not too heavy and not too dry. Keep the Polish recipes comming!