Recipe by Suzy_Q
Very easy and delicious. A bit lighter than your average cheesecake. I make this for Easter with homemade cherry topping. You could use lemon or almond extract for the vanilla if you prefer but I haven't tried this yet.
- 24 ounces farmer cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream (I use Light)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of (optional)
- 10 gingersnaps
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously butter a spring form pan.
- Grind gingersnaps into fine crumbs and dust the bottom and sides of the pan with the crumbs.
- Beat cheese. Add sugar. Beat until light and feathery.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each one.
- Beat in vanilla and sour cream.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with more gingersnap crumbs if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour (center should be firm).
- When cake is done, turn off the heat and leave in the oven for 40 minutes with the oven door closed.
- Remove and let stand until cool. Refrigerate.
- Top with fruit if desired. Remove sides of pan before serving.