1 hr 10 mins
Very easy and delicious. A bit lighter than your average cheesecake. I make this for Easter with homemade cherry topping. You could use lemon or almond extract for the vanilla if you prefer but I haven't tried this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Generously butter a spring form pan.
- 3Grind gingersnaps into fine crumbs and dust the bottom and sides of the pan with the crumbs.
- 4Beat cheese. Add sugar. Beat until light and feathery.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each one.
- 6Beat in vanilla and sour cream.
- 7Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with more gingersnap crumbs if desired.
- 8Bake for 1 hour (center should be firm).
- 9When cake is done, turn off the heat and leave in the oven for 40 minutes with the oven door closed.
- 10Remove and let stand until cool. Refrigerate.
- 11Top with fruit if desired. Remove sides of pan before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 79.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 12.8 g