Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple to make, the sweet shortcrust is on Zaar as Sweet Shortcrust Pastry for Cheesecakes.... also.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream (35 % fat)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Prepare shortcrust recipe #90981.
- Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl, or processor, add the cubes of chilled butter until resembling cornmeal, add in the whole egg and vanilla until a dough forms, wrap and chill for one hour before rolling. ( This dough can be stored in the fridge for 4 days before using or can be frozen also up to 6 weeks.).
- roll out 1/8 inch thick and lay into prepared pan. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Roll out more dough onto parchment and make strips for the lattice top, and chill in frisge.
- Prepare filling, beat ricotta cheese, cream, sugar, flour, until smooth, add in the eggs one at a time, and beat in, not overbeating.
- Add the raisins and orange flower water, and blend well.
- Spoon gently into the prepared crust lined pan, take the strips of lattice and criss cross over top of batter.
- Beat an egg yolk with a pinch of salt, until frothy, and brush lattice strips on the top. This is not necessary but will help with a nice golden crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking until set, about 40 minutes.
- Remove when set to a wire rack and completely cool befroe chilling in refrigerator or removing from pan.
- Sift powdered icing sugar over the top when serving.