Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe came from the late Ed Lech, a fine baker and a gentle man. It is very easy to make and is very delicious.
- 2 cups Zwieback toast, crumbs
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat cheese, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, and almond extract together until smooth, thick and lemon colored.
- Blend zwieback crumbs with butter thoroughly and press into bottom of 9" spring form pan.
- Pour filling into pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until firm in center.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- Beat sour cream with 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla.
- Spread on top of cheese cake and bake 10 minute.
- longer at 450 degrees.
really good & easy
OMD!!! I have been looking for this recipe for years! A friend of mine in Texas used to make this, nut called it "zwieback pie" Thanks Sooooooo Much Libby