Recipe by andypandy
crustless cheesecake type squares...
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
We really liked this! I made a half recipe and baked it in a small pie pan. The texture is very nice (a cross between brownie texture and cheesecake texture) and I loved the scent that the orange flower water added. We liked the more syruppy pieces better, so I'll probably make extra syrup next time I prepare this. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sieved cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup dairy fresh buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking pan and also line with parchment paper.
- Beat the sieved cottage cheese, buttermilk, eggs, honey, sugar, and flour until smooth.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven 30 minutes or until set.
- Prepare syrup by combining sugar, flavour, and water in saucepot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until sugar is all dissolved well.
- When the cheesecake is removed from the oven and still warm, pour warm syrup over warm cake.
- Let now to cool completely.
- To serve cut into small bars, garnish with a piece of orange segments on the side of plate.