Recipe by Polish Chick
I saw this one-dish (actually two) meal made on a PBS fundraising show. it is delicious. Everyone who loves Polish sausage, cabbage, and pierogies, raves about this dish. Great for potlucks because it's so easy to prepare.
Top Review by HeatherN
This was pretty good. I was concerned when putting it together that it didn't have enough stuff in it, but it came together nicely. I'd definitely use less butter next time though. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package frozen pierogi
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large oven proof skillet.
- Saute onion, add sausage. Stir.
- Add chopped cabbage, cover.
- Parboil frozen pierogies.
- When cabbage has wilted, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pierogies.
- Put into 350 degree oven with skillet lid.
- Bake 20 minutes.