Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this one-dish (actually two) meal made on a PBS fundraising show. it is delicious. Everyone who loves Polish sausage, cabbage, and pierogies, raves about this dish. Great for potlucks because it's so easy to prepare.
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package frozen pierogi
- Melt butter in large oven proof skillet.
- Saute onion, add sausage. Stir.
- Add chopped cabbage, cover.
- Parboil frozen pierogies.
- When cabbage has wilted, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pierogies.
- Put into 350 degree oven with skillet lid.
- Bake 20 minutes.
This was pretty good. I was concerned when putting it together that it didn't have enough stuff in it, but it came together nicely. I'd definitely use less butter next time though. Thanks for posting.