Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick & easy way of using up the leftover cabbage from Easy Cabbage Rolls my Easy Cabbage Rolls. For a more economical meal, use bone-in chicken pieces but cook a little longer. Serve with steamed rice and/or crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken or 1 lb lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
Just shows that simple can be very good. I used chicken and served with bread as you suggested. I used 1/2 tablespoon hot smoked paprika powder and half normal. From what was left I made soup the next day, by adding some stock and cooked macaroni.
Yum! I added onion and celery and used boneless chicken thighs. This was easy and delicious. I will be making it again.
Good and easy, on a day when I had no idea what to cook, I saw this recipe and that did it for me. Thanks we all enjoyed. Yak