Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A light rye bread, good for sandwiches.
Make and share this Polish Beer Rye Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced raw shallot
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup light rye flour (or medium rye flour)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons gluten
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast (or 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon bread machine yeast)
2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups beer
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced raw shallots
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup light rye flour (or medium rye flour)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons gluten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast, plus
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast (or 1 T. plus 1 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- Open the container or beer and let stand at room temperature for a few hours to go flat.
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.