Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
I made this for Easter with a 1.5 lb. ham (adjusting the recipe) and it was the hit of the night! I was told by my friend who doesn't like ham that this was the best ham he'd ever had in his life and the 1st time he ever went for seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Score ham.
- Place pineapple rings and cherries on ham, fastening with wooden picks and pierce with cloves.
- Put ham in a baking pan and pour ginger ale over it.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Baste every 1/2 hour with the juice from the pan. Remove ham from the oven.
- Make a paste out of the mustard and sugar, using pan liquid to get a spreadable consistency. Spread on ham.
- Raise temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 15 more minutes, until browned.