Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a MUST at every holiday in our family. I suggest doubling the recipe...it always goes fast!
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients except kielbasa. Mix well, and cook over low heat until well balanced (clear and smooth).
- Cut kielbasa into bite size pieces.
- Add kielbasa and heat thoroughly.
- Make sure heat is low, and cook for at least an hour until the sauce cooks down. The longer it cooks, the better.
I somehow forgot to review this recipe after the dozen or so times we've made it. Very popular at our football parties. It is also very flexible. We usually add a couple teaspoons of hot sauce if we are using kielbasa. We also like using hot links once in awhile (without the hot sauce). Thanks for the great appetizer, L-Burden.
Well, since I am Polish, it figures I would love these! LOL I did like some other reviewers did and browned the saugage and drained the fat before adding to the other ingredients. Thanks for posting, L-Burden!
This is the best! When I first put everything together, I wasn't so sure, but after combining everything, I let it set on low in the crockpot. After about two hours, it smelled and tasted so good! My husband eats the leftovers (if there are any) with breakfast until it is gone. I have used apricot preserves and pineapple jam, and also the peach jam from recipe#11488, and they all have turned out great.