Top Review by BettyBoop330
Oops, I meant to say in my previous review that I microwaved the polenta in accordance with recipe 3503. (If I had used the other recipe I would have omitted the cheese and butter as I am trying to use less fat in my diet.)
- 1 1⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 6 1⁄2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced, (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup canned tomato, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cornmeal and 1/2 teaspoon salt in saucepan.
- Gradually add water stirring constantly with whisk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Spoon into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Press plastic wrap onto surface. Chill 2 hours until firm.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic, thyme sprigs, rosemary sprig.
- Cook 3 minutes until garlic begins to brown.
- Stir in mushrooms and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Discard thyme and rosemary.
- Add parsley, cook uncovered 5 minutes.
- Saute polenta in frying pan coated with cooking spray until golden (or spray with cooking spray and bake in hot oven until golden and crisp on outside). Serve with mushroom sauce.