Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2008. I think I would serve this as a side dish to grilled meats.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarse yellow dry polenta flour
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsley and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- Add sage and tomatoes; cook 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beans to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add polenta in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes; uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve polenta with bean mixture.
Good hearty dish. I cut back on the oil and salt and added kale (stir fried after the garlic) and topped it with Recipe #239502. Yum!