Cooking Light. Jan 2008. I think I would serve this as a side dish to grilled meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarse yellow dry polenta flour
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsley and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- 2Add sage and tomatoes; cook 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beans to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Bring 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add polenta in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 4Uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Cover and cook 5 minutes; uncover and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve polenta with bean mixture.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta With Tomato-Braised Beans
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 600.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: