Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Polenta ai Tre Formaggi; Cucina Rustica
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups imported polenta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dolce latte gorgonzola, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb imported fontina, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for the table
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil; add in salt.
- When the water returns to a boil, whisk in the polenta, adding it in a slow, steady stream.
- Decrease heat to medium and, with a wooden spoon, stir continuously for 30-40 minutes (pull up a stool), or until the polenta is thick and soft.
- When the polenta is nearly ready, add the butter and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- Add in the cheeses and stir until they begin to melt into the polenta.
- Add pepper to taste; stir.
- Immediately pour the polenta into individual bowls; pass grated parmesan.