Polenta With Three Cheeses
- Bring water to a boil; add in salt.
- When the water returns to a boil, whisk in the polenta, adding it in a slow, steady stream.
- Decrease heat to medium and, with a wooden spoon, stir continuously for 30-40 minutes (pull up a stool), or until the polenta is thick and soft.
- When the polenta is nearly ready, add the butter and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- Add in the cheeses and stir until they begin to melt into the polenta.
- Add pepper to taste; stir.
- Immediately pour the polenta into individual bowls; pass grated parmesan.