- 1⁄3 cup coarse-grain polenta
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked spinach (or broccoli or chard)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked peas (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese (or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter)
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine polenta and water in a small saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking from time to time to break up any lumps that form.
- Add salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until polenta is thick, pulls away from the sides of the pan, and is no longer grainy on the tongue, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, peas, mascarpone and parmesan. Taste and adjust salt. Eat with a spoon.