Recipe by Bizzy-Bee
I found this on a dry salami header-card several years ago and have loved it ever since. It makes a nice appetizer or side dish - definitely worth the effort!
- 8 cups chicken stock or 8 cups chicken broth
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups uncooked polenta
- 8 ounces dry salami, skinned & diced
- 5 ounces roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken stock or broth and butter into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the polenta and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 5 more minutes. Check the seasoning, then add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour equal amounts of mixture into two 8" square cake pans and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Unmold polenta from pans and slice into 1/2" thick slices. Heat slices in a 400 degree oven on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes before serving.