Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Polenta is a rich, creamy alternative to mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Polenta With Roasted Winter Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 beets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 parsnips, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- crumbled goat cheese, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place carrots, red onion, fennel and parsnips on a baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add to oven with beets (still wrapped) and roast until vegetables and beets are both tender, about 20 minutes.
- Unwrap beets and dice.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth and 2 cups of water to a boil; add polenta, gradually, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese, milk, and butter.
- Top with roasted vegetables and additional goat cheese, if desired.