- 1⁄2 cup chopped pancetta (3 oz.) or 1⁄2 cup bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf
- 1 cup polenta
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 1/2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir pancetta in olive oil until crisp and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer half the pancetta to paper towels to drain.
- Add chopped sage to pan and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Cook polenta according to package directions. Add salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste (omit butter).
- Ladle polenta into bowls and top with reserved pancetta.