- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (8 oz.)
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (2.25 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans or 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare polenta according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skilled cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic. Cook uncovered about 4 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in wine and salt. Cook uncovered over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- To serve, divide polenta among 4 bowls. Spoon the mushroom mixture over polenta. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.