1/1 Photo of Polenta With Leeks
Kim A. Heaphy's Note:
Now this is a recipe I don't make too often because I eat way too much of it. It is the ultimate comfort food for me and one that I become a bottomless pit with. Though it is good as a side dish with pasta and sauce or with braised meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash leeks well. Thinly slice white and pale green parts only.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add leeks and stir. Cook covered about 10 minutes until leeks are softened, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add water, broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and gradually whisk in the polenta.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring almost constantly until thick.
- 5and creamy, about 35 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the 1 tablespoon remaining butter and the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta With Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g