Recipe by KelBel
I love this dish. It is a nice change from pasta. The polenta is a nice base for the sausage and tomato combination.
Top Review by chia
this was very good and made a quick meal. i used my own recipe for the polenta, microwaved it so it took 15 minutes. meanwhile i cooked the sausages, i added a chopped onion and some basil and oregano. great week night dinner.
- 946.36 ml water
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 4.92 ml salt
- 453.59 g Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, cornmeal and salt in a double boiler or heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and garlic in a large skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1-in. pieces; return to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Spread half of the cornmeal mixture in a serving dish; top with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.