1/1 Photo of Polenta With Italian Sausage
1 hr 15 mins
I love this dish. It is a nice change from pasta. The polenta is a nice base for the sausage and tomato combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, cornmeal and salt in a double boiler or heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, brown sausage and garlic in a large skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1-in. pieces; return to skillet.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 5Spread half of the cornmeal mixture in a serving dish; top with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 2629.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 29.5 g