Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh my gosh YUM! What an awesome combination of flavors. Came from Sunset magazine. I left out the cilantro, cause I don't like it and used canned corn rather then frozen. Super easy to make. You gotta try it!
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled queso fresco (about 6 ounces) or 1 1⁄3 cups feta cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 lb fresh link chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix water, polenta and corn in 13x9x2 glass baking dish (I used 9x9) Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and stir to blend well.
- Bake 25 minutes, until water is absorbed and polenta is tender. Stir once within that time.
- While baking saute chorizo in large skillet over medium heat until browned, breaking into small pieces with wooden spoon, about 6 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes to skillet. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until tomatoes soften, about 6 minutes.
- Uncover, crush some tomatoes with fork and stir. Simmer until tomatoes release juices and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon polenta onto plates, top with chorizo mixture, then cheese and cilantro.
- Serve hot.