Recipe by Rita~
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I used a Danish blue cheese and fresh thyme as that is what was available. Very creamy. I would add a little chicken flavoured boullion powder to the water next time as I found it needed a touch of salt. The blue cheese amount was about right.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces good mild blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped to your taste (rosemary.parsley,chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 cups water to boil add salt and cornmeal in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low constantly stirring for about 15 minutes.
- (Building up those arms) Till thick and smooth (Not your arms the polenta)!
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk, cream until well blended.
- Add the cheese, pepper, nutmeg, and herbs.
- Stir till all is melted and creamy good!
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve away!