Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a breakfast dish I came up with one morning when I didn't know what I wanted for breakfast, and I thought it was amazing!
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 slice bacon, fried and chopped
- Add milk to sauce pan, and gently sieve polena into milk, (like you would let sand run through your fingers). You may need to watch how much polenta goes in, or it will be thick.
- Add Parmesan cheese, oregano, chili sauce and bacon.
- If you have a lot left over, place it in a shallow pan and refrigerate it.
- Cut into slices, and fry til golden.
Loved the flavour of this recipe. I omitted the sweet chili sauce and allowed the polenta to firm in the fridge before frying and serving with a mushroom sauce. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14