1 hr 10 mins
I got inspired by an entry from Karina's gluten-free goddess blog where she made a vegan veggie polenta pie. I decided to make my own Italian variation and it was delicious! I ate it for dinner all week but could be the perfect hearty addition to any pot-luck meal as main course or side dish if you omit the meat. I usually cook by eyeballing measurements to my tastes so you can increase or decrease sauce or cheese to your tastes. All veggies used could be substituted with your favorites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut from root to spear
- 5 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, cut up
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, tri-color bell pepper slices (you can use frozen and drain)
- 1/2 lb ground chicken or 1/2 lb ground meat, of choice
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce (taste depending)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (taste depending)
- 1 (16 ounce) package basil and garlic prepared polenta
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for greasing and drizzling
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375.
- 2Grease a small square pyrex (9x9 or 8x8.).
- 3Cut 1/4 inch slices of polenta log and line pyrex with slices of polenta, slightly overlapping.
- 4Spread pasta sauce over polenta to lightly cover; set aside.
- 5Grease a large saute pan with olive oil; add ground meat until slightly browned over medium heat.
- 6Add chopped green onions, salt & pepper to browned meat and incorporate.
- 7Take chopped asparagus, squash, and tri-color peppers and add to the saute pan. Drizzle a little more oil over the veggies and put heat back on low. Stir just until incorporated, but not cooked.
- 8Dump saute pan contents over the sauced polenta and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- 9Cover with foil.
- 10Cook in oven for 40-45 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Veggie Bake (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 135.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
basil and garlic prepared polenta